Please like Life Goals In A Snapshot page:
An absolute URL: Life Goals In A SnapShot
Message of the President
Welcome to the Philippine Life Insurance Association, Inc. (PLIA) website.
PLIA is the umbrella organization of all life insurance companies operating in the Philippines. It has been in existence for 64 years now.
The life insurance industry is engaged in providing financial security as well as savings and investment instruments for Filipino individuals and their families. It is an active contributor to the country’s social and national development through its significant investments in government and corporate bonds and securities; the insurance and corporate taxes that it adds to the national coffers; and the Corporate Social Responsibility programs that it undertakes.
Our industry has been endeavoring to increase the awareness of the public on the services and benefits of life insurance, as we believe that a well-informed insuring public is key to improving the insurance penetration rate in the country.
We hope that the PLIA website will be able to provide you some basic information about the Philippine life insurance industry and the financial preparedness that its products and services can provide.
RIZALINA G. MANTARING
Corporate Purpose of PLIA
It shall be the objective and purpose of this Association to promote the growth of the life insurance industry in the Philippines so that it could expand its contribution to the socioeconomic development of the nation; and pursuing this objective, it shall undertake:
- To propagate and spread the concept, principles and benefits of life insurance, and to this end conduct educational campaigns, training seminars, workshops, conferences and lectures;
- To develop and implement through its members ethical norms for underwriting and management of life insurance;
- To serve as a forum for exchanging ideas and information; and for clarifying and harmonizing conflicting views on matters of concern to the life insurance industry in general and the member companies in particular;
- To act as the vehicle through which problems and issues common to the life insurance industry in general may be threshed out, determined and resolved in the interest of all the member companies;
- To serve as liaison with national, regional and international organizations and agencies, both governmental and non-governmental, concerned with the development, improvement and supervision of life insurance institutions;
- To promote goodwill, cooperation and understanding among the officers and staff of the member companies.